
Hey dudes,we thought we needed to update a little bit and tell you what we've been up to. We have been enjoying this time of year. We loved peach season and ate about 4huge boxes of fresh Utah peaches. I also tried freezing a bunch with a light lemon sauce and hope they taste good in a few months. I ended up only bottling 7 quarts of peaches. Then it was time for salsa. I did 3 huge batches and ended up with around 42 pints this year. It's about the only way to get these kids to eat tomatoes. We then moved on to apples. I tried canning applesauce for the first time-what a job and a mess but it turned out great. We're eating it way too fast and it will soon be gone.
Here is a picture of the fresh apple pie that we made. Yummy!!1
Here I'm trying to destress a little with some light reading :)! Looks fun huh? Dracula has been a fun read for this time of year- even if I'm covered with children.
Jonathan has been having fun growing out his hair. He will be in a musical production of "Oliver" put on by the Idaho Falls Youth Arts Centre in a few more weeks. This night he was trying out all his possibilities for Halloween hair. I liked the Alfalfa do the best but neglected to get a picture. We can't wait to have Jessica and Sebastian join us all for a party this weekend!!!! See you all soon! Any requests for party food?
4 comments:
I love these new posts. Julie, I'm with you on the Dracula book now. I've gotten freaked out a few times reading it. I get scared very easily. We watched Van Helsing too. Needless to say though, I couldn't finish watching it. I think I only have 30 minutes left of it. I had a few vampire nightmares the night we watched it. And Jonathan, good luck growing your hair out and good luck with your performance.
I'm jealous of your salsa. 42 pints! That's awesome. It's also exciting to hear about Jonathon in "Oliver!"
The zoolander pose was great. He should go as a male model-aka Zoolander!
The apple pie looks picture perfect Julie! Your domestic skills are amazing. We're coming to your pantry this winter!!
Thank you for hosting the bridal shower for Jess and Seb--that was a lot of work! Everyone had a great time. You're awesome!!
Post a Comment