Thursday, June 12, 2008
Julie update 1
Yesterday, Julie got out of bed twice and walked down the hall, at a 10 feet per minute pace. Today, still no eating or drinking except for some water. Her wound dressing and bladder catheter were removed this morning. She still has her staples and a drain and the subcutaneous catheters which slowly drip local anesthetic to her wound. They want her out of bed and walking a little at least four times today. When she sleeps she doesn't use her pain medication and she wakes up miserable. She is using a lot of pain medication but she hasn't been nauseous since yesterday afternoon. All things considered she is doing well and making progress.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Brad, thanks for the update. I'll call mom and read this posting to her. I hope things will continue to get better. Each day is another one behind both of you.
Later
Sending Julie our love and prayers!
Thanks for the updates, you are in our thoughts and prayers! Glad the surgery was successful and we hope that Julie's recovery is quick and uncomplicated.
Glad that Julie is making progress. It must be very painful. Thanks for the update, we're keeping you in our prayers.
I hurt just thinking of Julie's recovery! She's a strong and determined girl whom I've always admired. Thanks for the update Brad. You two are a wonderful pair and great parents. We sure love you all!
Post a Comment