Thursday, January 29, 2009

CONGRATULATIONS soon to be... ELDER HATCH!!!!

The call is finally here, opened, and read...SALVADOR BRAZIL MISSION!!!!!  Jordan will report to the missionary training center in Sao Paulo Brazil on May 20th.  He will be speaking the Portuguese language.  We love you Jordan!!!! GO BRAZIL!!!!!

Here's a little about the city.  It is a tropical climate on the northeast coast of Brazil, not getting colder than 78 degrees, with around 85 inches of rain yearly and 80 % humidity.   It is the 3rd most populous city in Brazil with around 3 million people.  The majority of the people are of African descent (this blond boy will stand out).  The local cuisine is spicy and based on seafood.  Jordan has NEVER taken to any seafood.  I guess shrimp is a main ingredient and I hope he can learn to gag it down or ask for it super spicy so he doesn't have to taste or smell it :)  It will be a huge adventure that is for sure. 

13 comments:

Dan said...

Jordan and Family,

This is so awesome. We are so proud of you and what a wonderful place to serve a mission; plus, you get to learn a foreign language! How cool is that! I'm really pumped for you.

Way to GO! You'll be the best missionary ever.

You don't like sea food. What's the matter with you? I'm betting you're taste buds will mature while your there (he, he).

Travis said...

Wow! Brazil! Congratulations, Jordan.

Unknown said...

Congratulations Jordan! You're gonna have a blast! And I'm sure you'll love the food too!

Angela said...

I'm excited for you. You are going to be one great missionary!!!!

Melanie said...

Congrats!! My sister served in Brazil and went to the Sao Paulo MTC too! So awesome.

Claudine said...

What wonderful news, congratulations!!! (Just watch out for those giant spiders!) :)

Jessica Dunlap said...

Wow, Jordan! Congratulations!!! You are going to make an awesome missionary. Way to go for being worthy. We love you!

Dan said...

mom told me you're going to the MTC down there. how awesome is that? congrats again.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jordan, that is so neat!

Camille said...

WOW!! Congratulations! I am so excited for Jordan and the entire family! It's kinda crazy....but I don't think any of you are old enough for this! Chad and I send all our best wishes to you!

Mike said...

Cool Man. I hear Portugese is like spanish but with a lot more spitting. I guess I should try to learn the language. Wouldn't that me cool!

Celestine said...

Hey Jordan, congratulations on your mission call! Brazil will be an awesome experience for you :-). We have a lot of friends who have served in Brazil many years ago and really loved it. You will no doubt be a wonderful missionary!! We love you Jordan!

Jennifer said...

Hi Juli!

Hey congratulations to Jordan!!!
Julie do you think you can give me your emails because I'm going to make our blog private and I want you guys to be able to see our pictures and stuff. There are a lot of sickos out there and I don't want them to steal pictures or who knows what.

Love Jenny