

A few weeks ago we went to the redwoods. We did a
ton of driving, but it was worth it.


This is a picture of fern canyon. This picture doesn't do it justice, it was too beautiful.

This tree almost fell on us and JD the man saved us.

Banana slugs were everywhere and Christopher loved them. Whenever we'd hold them up to him he'd clap, laugh, and try to grab them.


This tree was humongo. It was just over 300 feet tall!!!!

Dare devil

This is the lighthouse at Crescent City. We stopped and took a look at all the wildlife in the tide pools. We found hermit crabs, real crabs, and sea anemones.

This trip started in Utah where my parents picked me up from EFY. Then we drove across Nevada to Eureka. Then we drove all the way up the coast to Keiser, OR where my Dad's sister and family live. The next stop was Boise where we shopped for a day and then went to church at our old ward in Mountain Home. This picture is on the coast.
8 comments:
Those are beautiful pics. It looks like a wonderful trip. Those banana slugs are nasty aren't they? I went to science camp in 7th grade in the Santa Cruz mountains and they were everywhere. We even had a special cheer for them. haha
Awesome post guys. That trip sounds so much fun. I like driving in the car. I think it's kind of fun. THe pictures are beautiful and so is the scenery. My parents are on their way to the redwoods right now. Then they're going to Oregon and back home. So much fun!!
I remember going to the coast with the Parsons. We would collect a bunch of slugs in a can, salt them and watch them boil! I was a cruel little boy! Now, I'd probably just eat them!
I believe the banana slug is an endangered species, so I think your parents were right Kendall. The hippie counselors at my 7th grade science camp were very adamant that we never touch or disturb the slugs. They were also very adament about never shaving their legs. haha
Isn't the banana slug a college mascot somewhere? I seem to remember it, but I'm not sure which college it would be.
Oh yeah....
Here it is
Hey Brad and Julie, I love that photo of the two of you. Jordan did a great job posting your trip photos. Looked like a LOT of fun :-).
We haven't gone anywhere exciting this summer. Everyone's too busy! But we are excited to visit all the Hobbs' in August. We love you and all your kids.
Travis, that's hilarious. Hey Hatch people.....it looks like we went to alot of the same places. It is a great place to go on a trip. The ocean is so beautiful and the redwoods.......well, the pictures do not do it justice do they?
Post a Comment