Monday, April 10, 2006

Spring Break

On Monday March, 27th we started our spring break by watching the new Joseph Smith movie. It was great. Heidi really liked the part when Joseph Smith healed the little girl. On Tueday we went to Goblin Valley State Park. There was all these rock formations that looked like goblins. We told Heidi and Nate that the goblins came alive at night. We spent awhile there and didn't even see all the goblins. We played hide and seek, sardines, and man hunt. It was the best place to run around..

On the way back from Goblin Valley we did this 1.3 mile Wild Horse Canyon hike. It was really cool because the walls got really tight, almost to the point where you had to turn side ways.We went on three geocaching hikes. This one was about 1.5 miles long and had an elvation gain of 1,000 feet in one mile, and only Jordan and Dad went on it. It was called the Portal View trail and overlook Moab. Here Jordan is pointing at our hotel, he missed a little bit. This is Canyon Lands. We forgot to take a picture of the canyon but we have a picture of this Arch that over looked a canyon. While we were there there was a big lightning/thunder/hail storm. We stayed in our car and ate lunch.

Here's us in the pool. It was an outdoor one. Last time I came here I remember the pool was a lot warmer, maybe because it was 100 degrees outside.We rented bikes for a day, and rode the shorter loop the the Slick Rock Bike Trail. It was really exciting and fun.We also attempted the Fins and Things trail but quickly decided it was too sandy.This is on the road to Harrah pass. We biked on the down hill part but rode the rest of the way. The road had a big drop off-huge canyons with no type of guardrails. In this picture you can hardly tell there is drop offs all around us. We drove the Suburban almost the whole way up until it was too scary and our gas tank was looking low. The last place we stoped and got pictures at was the museum in Price. It was really cool. the mammoth was huge. After the museum, we went to Salt Lake. On Saturday morning Dad took the 3 oldest boys to the Saturday morning session of general conference. The new conference center is hugmongo. It was escpecially fun to hear the Mormon Tabernacle Choir in.

10 comments:

Dan said...

Wow! Those are way cool pictures. I especially like the one of the kids in the goblins formation. It looks kinda scary and dangerous where they are sitting. I'm wondering how you got that picture. This trip sounds very fun. I don't think I would have tried the swimming pool though. Thanks for showing us the pictures and explaining about the trip.

Jordan said...

Hey, does anyone know why some pictures get biger when you click on them and others don't?

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun trip!

Angela said...

This looks like a really fun place to go. The bike riding looks the best to me. Maybe Cory and I will stop there next time we go to Albuquerque. I like the pool too. I love water and it would've been fun to see Tyler swim too...he loves his baths.

Dan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dan said...

Jordan,

It looks like you are uploading some pictures at their original size and resolution. The ones that don't get larger when you click on them were uploaded at a smaller image size and resolution. Maybe I can show you what I mean when we come to see you this Friday.

Do you guys have any games you like to play. I think Angie and Cory are going to bring Settlers. Have you guys played that before?

Jordan said...

Christopher loves baths too! He goes crazy in the tub and start kicking and waving his arms. I like playing Apples to Apples. I haven't played Settlers before. Is it fun? I guess I'll find out on Friday.

Angela said...

Ohh..Apples to Apples...it's one of my favorites too. Settlers of Catan is a strategy board game. We love it. We even play it online sometimes. We'll have to teach you. It'll be fun!

Mike said...

Next time you go to Moab, we'll try to meet you there. Moab is almost exactly half way between IF and ABQ. We want to do the slickrock trail with you experts!

Unknown said...

These are really cool pics of Moab, we went there last year on our way to Idaho, but it looks like you guys went on a lot of really fun trails. We did all of the really easy ones with the girls.